The sessions at the Florida Health Literacy Summit qualify towards CEU fulfillment.
- Provide a forum for educators, health professionals, and interested stakeholders to engage in a dialog and share information and resources on how to effectively serve adults and families with low health literacy.
- Better communicate the impact low health literacy may have on an individual’s ability to successfully manage their health and the health of their family.
- Demonstrate at least one new strategy or practice that can be used to promote effective verbal and/or written communication using a clear language approach.
- Identify potential partners willing to engage in future health literacy activities.
- Access print and online resources to assist with health literacy efforts.
Suwannee River Area Health Education Center, Inc. is a Florida Board of Nursing, Clinical Social Work, Marriage and Family Therapy and Mental Health Counseling, Pharmacy, Psychology and Florida Council of Dietetics and Nutrition approved provider of continuing education. CE Broker Provider ID #50-1922.